13 Of The Best Smart Technologies From 2019
1. Watering systems: Use smart watering so you don’t have to deal with finding someone to water your plants when you’re away and don’t have to sacrifice not having a garden if you don’t have time to care for it.
2. Robotic lawn mowers: How amazing would it be to wake up on your day off and not have to mow the lawn? You can! Like most smart home appliances, robotic mowers can be controlled by a mobile app that monitors all actions straight from your phone.
3. Sprinkler Controller: Yeah, a controller for your sprinklers. Also used from the comfort of your palm on a smart phone but can connect to other smart devices like Amazon’s Alexa to be controlled by voice commands.
4. Robotic Pool Cleaners: This was already a thing, but we’re closer to the days of pool boys coming to an end with this one. Why pay someone to clean your pool every week when you could make a one-time purchase for a lifetime pool cleaner?
5. Smart Mattress: Smart beds have sensors to help you fall asleep faster and more comfortably. Learn about your sleep schedule alongside your bed, now able to adjust and follow sleep patterns so you get the absolute best out of your nights rest.
6. Smart Robots for Cleaning the floors: The nifty vacuuming robot has been around for a while, which we all know as “Roomba” but what about a mopping robot? They’re a thing these days. Never have to worry about cleaning the floors again.
7. Smart Kitchen Appliances:
a. Perfect Bake Pro: if you’re a baker, this would be your best friend for all measuring. Even non-bakers would want to have a smart baking scale.
b. Smart Coffee Makers: Have coffee made and waiting for you in the morning. Skip the hassle of not having time to make your coffee and stopping at a drive through all together.
c. Wifi Crockpots: Control the temperature and time of your slow cooker from your smart phone.
d. Smart Microwave: Did you ever put something in the microwave for too long or not long enough? Start it up again. Talk to your microwave via voice command after connecting it to Amazon’s Alexa.
e. Precision Cooker: an appliance such as this actually allows you to monitor and cook food without you having to be there. Connected to WiFi, an app lets you monitor the process.
f. Smart Conventional Oven: Conventional ovens have been replacing microwaves everywhere as a healthier alternative. One smart conventional oven called “The June Oven” also has an air fryer, dehydrator, slow cooker, broiler, toaster, and warming drawer and on top of all that you can control it from your phone! I predict these will be the next big thing in kitchen appliances.
g. Smart Refrigerator: Along with touchscreen memo boards, recipes, access to grocery lists, built in coffee makers, nutritional facts, and more, they also have built in cameras that allow you to look inside your fridge from the grocery store.
8. Thermostats: A smart thermostat can be easily controlled from outside of your home as well as indoors. It’s a hot day, want to keep the house cool for when you return? Adjust your temperature before you get home to ensure you walk into a comfortable space.
9. Smart Lighting: connect all your lights to smart devices like your phone or an Amazon Alexa speaker so they can be accessed via voice command or text. Opting for LED lights are the best option for your wallet and the environment.
10. Smart Switches: If you’re someone whose not crazy about having an Amazon Alexa speaker out on the counter at all times, or don’t want your toddlers grabbing at it, maybe you’d be better off with a smart switch. Ecobee is a company that integrated Amazon Alexa into a light switch and does everything Alexa does and more.
11. Control Panels: Much like a control switch, control panels are touchscreen tablets mounted on walls (or wherever you want) and used to control all smart devices in the home, any lighting, audio-visual appliances, temperature, and even checking your security cameras can be accessed all from this single panel.
12. Smart Remotes: If you’re not into voice commands or don’t want to fiddle with a smart phone, and don’t want to get up to check a mounted tablet on a wall-- what about a universal remote? It’s not just for your television, but also for your speakers, your lights, or any other Bluetooth appliance you own.
Indoors and Outdoors
13. Security Systems: Having smart security appliances are the best way to keep you and your family safe. Intruders are a rising issue in our world but so are natural impositions like flooding, leaks, and fires. Stack your options with smart locks, a home security system, surveillance cameras, sensors, and more.
When it comes to smart home devices, there are plenty of options to go around. Whether you choose to use any one of these appliances in the near future or all, you’ll have a great experience. Majority of the things listed don’t require installations but be sure to call We Are More for any system installments or products. We’d love to help!
No copyright infringement is intended.
Samara Towers does We Are More's PR & Marketing which includes writing our blogs! She was born and raised in Hawaii and graduated from Corban University with a Bachelors Degree in Creative Writing. She produces content to give our audience more insight and opinions on technical solutions big and small.