There are three main types of lighting;
1. Ambient lighting creates lighting that’s as natural as can be. It isn’t overpowering or straining to the eyes and covers the whole space with natural lighting.
2. Accent lighting puts attention on it’s subject. Lighting like this is usually for displaying items such as sculptures, showcased collections, or bookstands.
3. Task lighting is for none other than doing tasks. When you cook, read, or knit, task lighting shines light on what you’re doing with concentration lighting to help you do your tasks.
Then there’s different forms of lighting within each type category. Whether it’s lighting for weddings, parties, concerts, bedrooms, churches, dining rooms, offices, kitchen, or theater lighting, the following are some types that you can use to your personal preference.
4. Pin spot lighting is a form of Accent lighting, highlights certain features such as a center piece, or certain plants outdoors.
5. String lights, to hang around the venue either vertically or horizontally would be ambient lighting. Weddings typically display this type of lighting but in homes, this decoration is often found in bedrooms as a recreation of stars indoors.
6. Color wash lighting changes the tone of any landscape or room with colors. Lighting with different colors is a fun way to express different moods and play around with different hues and vibes.
7. Another fun way to do lighting is by putting stencils over the lights to create designs on backdrops, this is called gobos lighting. Fun for children’s rooms or having pretty patterns on stages or at weddings.
For any of these options it’s best to use LED lights. LED means “light-emitting diode.” They don’t heat up as much as regular lightbulbs and they don’t take up as much energy making them cost effective. They’re used as smart bulbs because they can be linked to WIFI and synced with smart home devices to turn off and on with voice commands or through certain apps.
No matter what type of lighting you use or need, there’s a form for you and all your lighting needs. Call We Are More for any lighting installations or set ups at events, theaters, weddings etc. We can make your dreams come true!
No copyright infringement is intended.
Samara Shaw does We Are More's PR & Marketing which includes writing our blogs! She was born and raised in Hawaii and writes content to help our audience have a better insight on technical solutions big and small.